Monday, January 10, 2011

The New Year

Thought it would be nice to start the new year off with a new blog.  This is my third ultra season and I am ready for this one to be a break out one for me.  2009 was my first year and all I wanted to do was finish some races and prove to myself that I could do this ultra thing.  Last year was plagued with injury and could never seem to regain a rhythm.  2011 training is going well so far with good long double runs in December and after a short Christmas break, I am ready to get back into it.  I have a nice schedule planned for 2011:

2/12  Holiday Lake 50K
3/6    B&A Marathon
3/19  Hat Run 50K
3/27  Terrapin Mt 50K (maybe)
4/9    Bull Run 50 Mile (if the lottery gods allow me)
4/23  Promise Land 50k
5/7    Capon Valley 50K
8/?    GEER 100K
11/?  MMTR 50 Mile
11/?  JFK 50 Mile (if the lottery gods allow me)

I am hoping that these races this year will get me ready for my biggest challenge next year as I am going to sign up for my first 100 mile adventure in Vermont.

Most of my training runs are on the HAT run course at Susquehanna State Park, Mason-Dixon Trail, and Cromwell Valley Park.  This year I am hoping to spend a couple of weekends in the mountains (Massanutten & AT) and do some serious climbing.  


If anyone comes across this blog and would like to hit the trails please don't hesitate to email me.


See ya on the trails!!
JP

0 comments:

Post a Comment